Where can I get my lights fixed??

Daisy82

Hey, does anyone know where I can go to get my T5 fixture fixed on the fly? Or, any ideas on how to fix it? It worked fine until yesterday when I changed two of the bulbs out - now it doesn't want to turn on. Bulbs flicker on and off when I rotate them. Tried unplugging, moving the cords...nothing. Plugs are fine, power lights are on. I'd appreciate any suggestions!

I know it sounds silly, but are you sure the bulbs are seated properly?

Also, what kind of fixture is it? Retrofit, or off the shelf type unit? It could be a ballast issue, but without swapping it out with a good one I wouldn't know how to check.

I know that with my retrofit setup when I changed bulbs recently they flickered and then went out when I powered up. It turns out that one of the bulbs wasn't in correctly.

Your LFS might be able to help diagnose also.

Good luck with it.

I would bet money that you have a short in your wiring harness. I have experienced a similar scenario and it just took reworking the wiring harness to the end caps to trouble shoot it. If the first response suggestion that wayneb offered doesn't work, go through the harness.

Well, my lights just healed themselves... weird. I didn't do anything different. Prob a wiring thing? Thanks for all the suggestions. And thanks for the offer KaceyJ - I may need to take you up on it if the lights go on the fritz again!