Hi everyone

Myvirtue

I just posted this in Scct i just became a member there and and thank you for allowing me to also be a member.

Im really glad to be here and I have alot to learn. I grown up with freshwater tanks and always wanted a saltwater tank. Being in the military and the responsiblities of having a salt water tank have kept me from doing this. About two weeks ago i decided to to start doing research on saltwater aquariums and just recently broke down my 55 gallon and started transforming it to saltwater. Im still kinda lost but im continuing to do research and talk to people but i feel this site will help me get one step closer to my goal. Ive currently purchased and installed a t5 lighting system a moon light with timers about 50lbs of live sand. A prizm skimer and two hang on the back carbon filters with biowheels that i already had with my freshwater tank. A Hydor Koralia Evolution 1050GPH Circulation Pump x2. I had no idea live rock was so expensive and being in killeen theres not much to choose from. I currently only have about 12lbs of live rock and im looking for more. Im currently on my first week of cycling. I was told buying some tlc would help me cycle quicker so i also purchased some. Im really glad this site is here. theres doesnt seem to many knowledgeable people at the limited stores or the ones that are knowledgable are not very friendly. Im a great listener and always looking for opinions or advice and looking for more supplies for my tank. one day i hope to have reefs aswell. Im also still kinda lost on what would be a great starter fish that wouldnt impact having a community tanks. I always hear to start with a hardy fish like a damsel but damsels are very agressive so im kinda confused on that.

contact Chda and Belinda on here, they have some live rock cheap. Good to have you here. Your salty tank will transform as it goes, the HOB filters and skimmer will work for now but as you venture into the world of coral it will turn into a sump. But for now everything sounds good. ENJOY, everyone here is realy great people

WELCOME to ARC!!! I have 4 set ups with a combined total of 160 gallons...all have HOB Emperor 400's with Red Sea Prizm skimmers. One of the 55's is a seahorse tank filled with softies and LPS. All are very healthy and the HOB's have never given me a problem in the 2.5 years of my obsession!! But I do not have any SPS, so I do not know if I would have a different opinion with HOB's!!

Again, welcome!!

yah i know the prizm isnt the best but i got it in a package deal with a coralife t5 and a moon light for 100$. i thought it was a decent start for now.

You can do a simple mod and have that Prizm skimming black tar out of the tank. When I get home I'll post it.

Oh and welcome to ARC!

Dave-