We have eggs

OgreMkV

post-981-060156700 1278351437_thumb.jpg

So I read that Clown GOby eggs take about 4 days to hatch, then another 45 days to complete metamorphasis. All I have food wise that might work for them is frozen rotifers. They are buried up in the candy cane (as shown) and away from any powerheads and major flow.

I'm wondering if it's worth trying to get the quarantine tank up and going? I'll still have to have a powerhead in that and all I have is a big sponge filter for it.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

No, it's not attached, but I'm just not sure how much I want to do that for an 'iffy' chance at keeping the eggs going.

I'm glad of the eggs, it shows my tank has a good ecosystem. I'll try to keep them, feed with rotifer and the like.

You have to feed live rotifers if you want to have any success. They would have to be in a SMALL QT tank with a rotifer density of 1 rotifer every 1/4"....so thousands of them. Not a big deal but you have to keep a live rotifer culture, 25% of the water must be changed everyday, you must leave a light on 24 hrs a day, you must put phytoplankton in the water with the larvae for the live rotifers to eat, you must use a filter sponge, and must have a heater.

If you aren't going to do all of these things then it isn't worth trying, not trying to discourage you b/c it is possible. I had some clownfish larvae live for weeks until I got sick and didn't change out the water like I should have.