Wavebox or Wave System/Controller

boognish

I am looking for a wavebox or controller/powerhead system for an established 75gal mixed reef setup. From reading through this and other forums, it looks like I want a Tunze wavebox, but recommendations and/or suggestions are appreciated. I used to have a SCWD, but those wore out a bit too quickly for me. I'm sure several of you have the Tunze wavebox just sitting around gathering dust, so now's your chance to get rid of it!

I don't want to be difficult but it all depends on the size of the tank and how the rock is stacked.(amongst other things)I use a wave box in my 75g. My rock is stacked on two separate sides of the tank and form a valley in the middle. I dont stack rock on any of my glass sides. My wave box is a wave 2K and it perfect for my set up. This allows me to get flow in every part of the tank. I was going to purchase a Vortech MP40 but i just happen to get a great deal on my wave box. I believe both boxes and pumps are efficient but i wanted to have the smallest footprint possible. I think the vortechs would have given me that but at the expense of $1000 for two.(OUCH)Other powerhead/controllers stick out in the tank too much for me. The Tunze wave box is awesome too. I believe the push/pull boxes would be the best configuration because the flow would not just come from one side. It gives the rocking chair effect and gives the corals/anemones the sway they need instead of a constant stream.