It wasn't my b-day but sure felt like it! Dial-up beware!

Joseph9123

I bought alot of stuff from Horizon today. They had 29 Boxes of corals and fish.!!! When I was there it was sooooooo many corals, and large ACRO colonys!!! Ya have to see for yourself !! Steve said tomorrow there is another shipment of corals!!! Here are all the goodies I got today!

Fullpic.jpg

My new acro colonies and I still have three acro softball size being baby sat at friends house.

newacros.jpg

Close up of the three large colonies I bought from Horizon today.

Tricolor.jpg

1st goody from Horizon Don't know what is the same but it's a tri-color size of Softball.

urplebluepolys.jpg

2nd. It's a purple acor with neon blue polys. noticable larger than soft ball.

Trisomatosa.jpg

3rd, This I do know. It's a Tricolor Samotosa Acropora. HUGE, largest colony, way bigger than a softball.

Ornatewrasse.jpg

4th Ornate Leopard wrasse for the 135 gallon. I feed it PE mysis and it ate it!! crazy, it literall beat it up to small pieces and ate it.

Jawfish.jpg

5th, Awesome yellow/blue spoted jaw fish!! This guy is a piggy, I feed it PE mysis and it ate like 12 of them.. What an oinker!! I also got another leapard but the smaeone at that other person with the 29 gallon biocube, but it's hiding . I gave the 55 gallon to my fiance so now she got leapard and jawfish and raided my 135 gallon for corals.

redtealblastos.jpg

Now all the stuff above from Horizon I got today. The rest is from the frag swap. Awesome Blastos. (from Chui)

redpalysandgsp.jpg

Huge live rock with red palys and gsp. Home of the jawfish.

seaworld.jpg

Two Seaworld frags AKA Selago Acropora. and the one on the far right is from the raffle tickets. I have no clue what it is. Its' pink with pinkish red polys.

More on second post.

hyranaphia.jpg

From KyleV

greenYellowmilli.jpg

Maast winnings.

greenbrownconfusa.jpg

nuclear green with brownish red polys confusa From GMFETT

gongonian.jpg

Goganian from Headless. Wrasse trying to show off again..lol

newyuma.jpg

New Yuma... they are freaking awesom. Orange, blue and red center, purple shades, and red hues. Pick doesn't do this coral any justice also.

kryptonite.jpg

10 head Kryptonie trumpets.

Last note. Horizon has 8 large colonies and 25 med and small acro colonies up there from the new shipment. TONS of fish!! Stop by and check it out!! If some of the Large colonies are still there, I gonna get one more!

-Joseph Le

I stop by Horizon alot and gave them some suggestions and now they are getting tons of corals and fish. They are getting two large shipment tomorrow . Thanks Yun, I also got a tradition leopard in the 55 gallon that my fiance baught. He seems to hide when I'm thinking of taking a pic..lol Today I bought 19 lb of live rock and got 20 lbs from friends house to stop up my 135 and my faince new 55 gallon. Will post pics in a bit. Enjoy, bc I spent two hour today redoing my rock landscape. Had all the stonies in two crates so I can move everything around. Getting my SEio 2600 and Two hydor koralise 4 tomorrow!! Killer wave action!! fish better bring there swimming fins..hahaha.

Joseph

Got 20 lb of live rock from Horizon and another 20 lb from my friends house. Half went into my 135 gallon the rest to my fiance's 55 gallon tank. Here are the updated pics that took me 2 hours, two large crate for the corals to sit in till the aquascape was finished.

IMG_3179.jpg

With flash

IMG_3181.jpg

Full shot

IMG_3182.jpg

Right side.

IMG_3183.jpg

Center

IMG_3184.jpg

Right shot

IMG_3191.jpg

Straight thru shot.

Here are the new pics of the 55 gallon witha woman's touch. She raided my tank but it's " All good"..lol She's happy then she can't get on my case for buying more corals.

IMG_3177.jpg

New and improved 55 gallon

IMG_3196.jpg

Right shot

IMG_3198.jpg

Left shot

Let me know what ya think about everything.

-Joseph Le

• 2 weeks later...

I cleaned out KyleV corals he was getting rid of to go fish mainly. I looked at my receipt and since I been on ARC and MAAST in the past I guess 3 months. My tank changed alot . I post pics a while back but compare to now, ya will see what I worked hard for and speant tons of moola. From running VHO's and PC only 4 months ago to now, with Two 250 watt MH and 6 ft VHO Super actinics. Now having a sump and all the good for the wave effect in the tank and upgrade on all power heads. I would never imagine I go this fast in such a short amount of time. Enjoy my work, it cost me an arm, leg and some hair lost. It all comes down to the love and dedication that bite me again after seeing soo many great tanks and being inspired for the future. When we move from our house in 2009, I will have a 300 gallon plus tank as a room divider with all the goods. The race is on to have the ultimate tank! Ohh and I'm going to buy a huge chiller now for the future. Hate heat issue, don't want fans everywhere anymore.

-Joseph

IMG_3319.jpg

IMG_3321.jpg

IMG_3322.jpg

IMG_3323.jpg

IMG_3377.jpg

Ohh and In those pics there is no VHO Super Actinics, waiting for Icecap to send back the repaired icecap 660 ballast. Just running my Mh bulbs. Was thinking of putting my Pc back on for the time being but got lazy!

-Joseph Le

The tank looks much better! My only recommendation would be to remove the photo background and use solid blue or black. I think it makes the real corals pop more.

I know this is a dumb question but are those blue and black background painted or they a reflective backgrounds? Like the sheets they sell at the local fish stores? I seen both but I can't get behind my tank to paint it. What do ya recommend?

-Joseph

They're just laminated sheets of paper. Lots to choose from - I've seen mirror like ones, or the standard blue on 1 side/black on the other side. I use the blue & black backing, cause I can just flip the paper over if my tastes in background color change.

Edited by Noodle

I use the plastic cardboard stuff they use to make all those annoying signs you see at intersections. It is $15 for a 4'x8' sheet at Regal plastics and available in several colors. I have dark blue. The great thing about it is I can slide it in and out from the side of the tank if I ever need to get to the rear glass.