What do I do with it?

mcallahan

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I might have to rethink the goby/shrimp idea as the orb comes with ceramic stones vs. sand. Sand won't work as it'd block filtration and get swept into the filter pad.

Now I'm leaning towards seahorses. Mama might have to put the squeeze on me tho to get me to commit...

I might have to rethink the goby/shrimp idea as the orb comes with ceramic stones vs. sand. Sand won't work as it'd block filtration and get swept into the filter pad.

Now I'm leaning towards seahorses. Mama might have to put the squeeze on me tho to get me to commit...

Just think of Bridger and how much he would like it haha... :)

Just think of Bridger and how much he would like it haha... :)

Yep!

How about a non-photosenthetic coral tank? There's a beatiful amount of diversity in that group of corals. I would think you could spot feed easily enough in a tank that small so water quality could be maintained. Not sure of the growth rate of the non-photo corals but isn't it pretty slow for many? I've considered doing just this in a nano, I love the corals and they are so unique, It would be really different to have a 'no light' tank when so often 'max light' is what we're all going for,

How about a non-photosenthetic coral tank? There's a beatiful amount of diversity in that group of corals. I would think you could spot feed easily enough in a tank that small so water quality could be maintained. Not sure of the growth rate of the non-photo corals but isn't it pretty slow for many? I've considered doing just this in a nano, I love the corals and they are so unique, It would be really different to have a 'no light' tank when so often 'max light' is what we're all going for,

That is a really good idea (second to the beer idea :) ), due to not needing a strong light. It probably would be about the same amount of work to keep up a non-photo tank as seahorses.

The only drawback on a seahorse tank of that size...1. Young ponies need to be feed more frequently (3-4 times a day)...therefore your polluting the water...which in the end you'll have to do more water changes---which it's not that much regarding this size of tank. 2. You have to consider evaporation....a small tank will evaporation and it will be on constant fluctuation with PH and salinity. I'm only saying this because of previous experience, as I had a nano tank.

Not all non-photo corals are filter feeders. If you concentrated on those you can spot feed vs filter feed I dont think itd be any worse than anything else. I've contemplated a sun coral tank. I have a 20g I'm about to upgrade to a 55g, pondering nano ideas for the little tank.