TDS?

NonSequitur

I'm about to put in my order with BRS (a dual tds meter, a DI canister, and an RO float valve/auto shut off), and was thinking about water quality. Do any of you know what the TDS of the tapwater in the area is (particularly in Georgetown, but values from surrounding areas is fine too since I'm asking more out of curiosity than to base any decisions). After RO (but not DI) processing, what TDS should I expect? I know after the DI stage it should read 0 or very near, but I'm curious what is normal for RO only water.

I know I could wait for my meter and test this myself, but I'm curious if anyone has this info and can share their results while I'm waiting impatiently for my order.

Depending on the time year and, believe it or not, the time of day mine runs anywhere from 116-150 from the source. I don't have my other TDS meter set up at the ro membrane but I get 0 out of the DI chamber.

Thank you all for the information! I'm contemplating ordering a single meter to add to the source water line, just so I can keep track of the whole process, but that probably isn't necessary (I just like gauges).. I'll probably put that money toward a an interesting frag instead.

I think mine was around 165 when tested a couple months ago. If you're on city water it's pretty good, but the quality of the pipes in your building and the newness of the feeders that get it to you play into things quite a bit.

wow...I'm jealous. All of you guys are getting TDS reading in the hundreds. I am in Georgetown around inner loop and my typical tap water TDS is around 400. After my RO/DI it's 0. Terrible water quality around here.

wow...I'm jealous. All of you guys are getting TDS reading in the hundreds. I am in Georgetown around inner loop and my typical tap water TDS is around 400. After my RO/DI it's 0. Terrible water quality around here.

I got my TDS meter in last night and expected to see something similar (I'm also in Georgetown, off of Leander Rd) and was surprised to see the tapwater reading 275 (before my softener). I was more surprised to see that the second-hand RO unit I had been using for my tanks (with a new membrane, new carbon blocks) actually seemed to be running backward.. permeate water was testing at 300, concentrate at 145 (Huh?), so I installed the DI canister on the "old" RO that we use for drinking water (Tee'd off of the storage tank line so drinking water bypasses the DI, tank water bypasses the postfilter) and all is well.. 10ppm in, 0ppm out.