Clint/Brooks eat your heart out!

mcallahan

Clint already has it... I want it... I'm gonna get you Mark! shiftyninja.gif

he might have it, but he doesn't have THAT one...the one pictured...its worth more because the phosphates in the tank are lower....

he might have it, but he doesn't have THAT one...the one pictured...its worth more because the phosphates in the tank are lower....

I think thats where he got his frag from. blink.gif I'm confused!

do notice that in the item description, it mentions that the one for sale is "one eye" ... but I'm really hoping that it's the pictured specimen offered at that price, rather than a small frag of it O_o

nope, one eye...that's why its such a great deal! If you wanted to buy the whole thing, you'd have to cough up several grand, but this one is on SALE so you get a fraction of the coral for your payment!

I guess I am missing something here.

Can anyone explain the love affair and need for deep pockets regarding chalices.

They are colorful but why are they SOOO much more expensive than other colorful things that "just sit there".

It doesn't even have any waving tentacles or anything else that is interesting to look at.....unsure.gif

why are they SOOO much more expensive than other colorful things that "just sit there".

It doesn't even have any waving tentacles or anything else that is interesting to look at.

Red Dragon pumps "just sit there" too :) and also, aren't much to look at (though they do at least have colors to the assembly, and very clear, easy-to-read print - I'll give em that!) but the same people are ok dropping wads on them :)

I guess I am missing something here.

Can anyone explain the love affair and need for deep pockets regarding chalices.

They are colorful but why are they SOOO much more expensive than other colorful things that "just sit there".

It doesn't even have any waving tentacles or anything else that is interesting to look at.....unsure.gif

marketing.

I sold mine b/c my wife thought it was f- ugly and boring.

I have a big (.75x.75) two eye frag of the My Miami and yes it came from WWC. That coral is so 2009, time to move on Mark!

Whoa! 2 eyes! Dang...high roller.

If that one is 2009, what is 2010?

Mini carpet anemones might be all the rage right now... or did that trend pass also?

Eckreef: It seems that there are waves (no pun intended) of popularity for corals, and during that time their price goes way up. Bright colored zoas, acans, duncans, chalices, mini carpets... they all had their times where they were the "new" hot thing to collect and have.

* Note: I will say that I have some of each of the above, minus the chalice, just not when they were crazy expensive.