One Mad Tang

mcallahan

What food did you place in the trap...for enticement. Have you tried a piece of krill or table shrimp?

I used mysis. Today the tang and chromis swim right into the trap, even w/out food, but the chromis continues to bully the wrasse away. I'm thinking the tang and chromis may have to come out of my tank long enough to get the wrasse to go in the trap.

Of course, I've got a shipment of pods coming in tomorrow so I hope that the wrasse doesn't fill up on those...!

... I'm thinking the tang and chromis may have to come out of my tank long enough to get the wrasse to go in the trap ...

I don't know how well your setup would lend itself to this, but perhaps a plexiglass sheet inserted in the right place to separate the bullies from the wrasse for a bit while the trap has a chance to work?

-t

I don't know how well your setup would lend itself to this, but perhaps a plexiglass sheet inserted in the right place to separate the bullies from the wrasse for a bit while the trap has a chance to work?

-t

I've done that before to catch clownfish, but now when I put anything in the tank (including my hand), everyone bolts for the rocks.