Added Another 10K Bulb to T5 Fixture

Derek

Today I decided to get an additional 10K bulb to add to my T5 fixture. I needed to have a bit more depth penetration in the light output. I was considering getting an LED spotlight, but I figured I would try an additional 10K since they are way cheaper. So far things are looking good. My Kenya Trees are still hiding a bit but everything else is out and happy.

Have you tried a high par bulb like ATI Blue plus or Aquablue? The extra par could help get the light get to the bottom.

I have not. I'm still learning about the different types of bulbs. I'll read about then and see if the would help. I prefer whiter lights. The blues make me feel like it is artificial.

If you want another arctic bulb, I have one I will give you it is 48"

Thanks Alex. My fixture is a 36 inch fixture. I have a spare actinic bulb now since I removed one and replaced it with a 10K.

Today I decided to get an additional 10K bulb to add to my T5 fixture. I needed to have a bit more depth penetration in the light output. I was considering getting an LED spotlight, but I figured I would try an additional 10K since they are way cheaper. So far things are looking good. My Kenya Trees are still hiding a bit but everything else is out and happy.

The kenya trees may just need more water flow. i had a problem trying to get mine to open all the way. i moved it up and down in the tank and had the same results. then i decided to put it in a strong current and it opened like never before. I did the same with my Palau and it has sprouted well.

I was considering getting an LED spotlight...

I strongly support this idea :cool: If changing one of your T5's out doesn't exactly achieve the result you're looking for, hopefully the lighting I look forward to putting together later this month will give some insight and good visual ideas of what the PAR38's can do over a tank for locals who haven't seen them yet.

There are a lot of good pics highlighting the use of these on SMALLER tanks, where they are not truly spotlighting anything, as the "spotlight" effect of the lamp is the same size as these guys nano tank :cool: but certainly good for showing the penetration and spread I suppose. Have you seen this RC thread on them?

I strongly support this idea ^_^ If changing one of your T5's out doesn't exactly achieve the result you're looking for, hopefully the lighting I look forward to putting together later this month will give some insight and good visual ideas of what the PAR38's can do over a tank for locals who haven't seen them yet.

There are a lot of good pics highlighting the use of these on SMALLER tanks, where they are not truly spotlighting anything, as the "spotlight" effect of the lamp is the same size as these guys nano tank :) but certainly good for showing the penetration and spread I suppose. Have you seen this RC thread on them?

Randy, I look forward to seeing the PAR38's in action on your aquarium.