Aquaripure denitrator

khoa

I'm checking into the aquaripure denitrator, everything the aquaripure.com web said, it's sound to good to be true. Have anyone ever used it before and can give me a few tip on purchase it?

If it is the one I'm thinking it is, I have the large size one that has never been used that I will be happy to sell you for less than the retail price. I had heard good things about them (that is why I bought one), although there is apparently some tweaking at the start that needs to be done. I just never set it up and used it, as I decided to go a different direction.

Stephen

Or it's cheaper clone by Midwest Aquatics. http://www.midwestaquatic.com/

Nice, their Sulfur version looks like the same layout & design as the Korallin Biodenitrator.

The only benefit I can see to going with the MWA version instead is that it's about $25 cheaper than the Korallin, and offers a $20 discount if you can 'name-that-movie' :P or offers a $50 donation to your local marine club (hint hint!) if specified upon placing an order. Looks like I'll be ordering one soon, as using something I have to feed/dose is just out of the question for my application, and they seem really match the product I'd already planned on ordering in the first place.

My friend has been using one for about 1 year now, and absolutely loves it. He was changing his water about once per 12-15 days, but eventually wound up with a rather sizable skimmer, kalk reactor, and calcium reactor on the tank, and eventually was only changing the water to keep up with the waste levels. After adding this, he only changes about once a month, and it's thriving more than ever & any detectable phosphates have pretty much disappeared. I do not encourage the use of this for trying to numb your need for water changes, as anyone experiencing true issues with frequent/fast rising nitrites or nitrates should really get to the core of their problem.. but with a long term system, these are very functional at keeping your moderate/low nitrates practically eliminated.