Pulsing Pink Xenia

Starsprinkle Rainbowsmile

Hi, this is a bit of a dual topic thread.

First, it's time for me to thin out my Pink Xenia. It looks like I can make about 8 or so frags of various sizes. So I wanted to check if there was any interest here for Xenia frags. They would be free if you want or I would gladly accept small frags in exchange, say a couple zoanthid polyps, mushrooms, or something along those lines.

Second, well I've never fragged these suckers yet, so I have no idea how to do so. Any tips would be appreciated.

If you're interested, let me know and we can work something out.

Cheers,

ChristianR

Take a sharp pair of scissors or an Xacto and cut it as close to the rock/base as possible. If you have some rubble rock, you can make a net around the rock and the frag and it will attach soon enough. You can use Tupperware, nylon netting, old coke bottle with some holes poked all the way around it, even pantyhose as the net.

Well to be honest I'm not sure what exact species it is.

I think it is:

Heteroxenia Polyp

They are definitely not:

White Pom Pom Xenia

Apparently, there are many different species and morphs of Xenia. I guess the best way to determine what exactly they are is to see them for yourself. Hopefully you can see them clearly, its taken on my BB so pic isn't the greatest.

post-1223-12694837274214_thumb.jpg

Thanks everyone for the fragging tips. I am going to start fragging them today or tomorrow. I will try to get them to heal up and attach on some ceramic plugs, however long that will take. If it's anything like how they behave in my tank, these suckers will attach pretty quickly.

Will, we could arrange a time to meet up in Austin sometime when I need to go into town. We could meet up at Aquatek, RCA, or something. Just give me some time to frag these guys and see how they heal.

Same goes for everybody else. I'm in no rush, perhaps we could meet in town or halfway sometime.