help with some questions

polarbear

first i wanted to know how long I should wait to dose my tank with the stuff i have after doing a water change. i just finished the water change and wasnt sure if i should wait until tomorrow to give things time to settle after the water change or if its ok to do it now. Another thing is, i have some kenya tree frags in my sump right now and i want to move them into my main tank. I was going to fresh water dip them in cause there was any flat worms left down there (since i had a little trouble with them a couple of weeks ago). will a fresh water dip hurt this type of coral?

thanks to each of you for helping out. i have another question. how can i lower my nitrates? they are sitting at 20 ppm. i already did a 5 gallon water change yesterday. its a 29 gallon biocube. the nitrates have been at this same level for awhile, even the last time i did a water change and things are doing well. Is there something i can by that will take some out as well?

i dont but someone might come get him tomorrow on a trade. i dont think its the cause since the nitrate level has been like this for awahile. i just cant get it down. do you think i should do a larger water change? if so how much on the 29 gallon

And once you trade off your urchin, the xenia might help reduce your nitrates. I think someone else on this board mentioned xenia being a nitrate remover.

(And that urchin you should loan rent out to people to take care of their xenia weed problems ;) )

i was thinking about that. I need to get rid of it tonight. It ate one of my transpernt neon green mushrooms and i saw in munchin on my kenya tree last night. can you use a urchin?

Sorry, but I would like to keep the corals I have ;) I went urchin free a while ago, as I had some pencil urchins that were boring into the rock work, and knocking things all over the place.

You might take it into one of the LFS for some credit, most generally give you half of what they sell them for.

i was thinking about placeing him in the protien section of my refugium becuase I had plans for him in the 120g tank once i get it set up. Do you think he would be fine down there? theres a lot of coraline algae for him to munch on but the space is not that big.