How do you manage all of your cables?

I don't know about the rest of you, but I have always had too many power cables. Every time I did some tank maintenance I ended up having to unplug the return pump, skimmer, auto-top off, etc.. None of them have power switches! I found a cool device, it is the American DJ On/Off power center. It is basically a 1U power strip that has the plugs on the back and a switch for each plug on the front. You can get them at Guitar Center for $29.99. We bought the last two this weekend. Who would have thought about going to the music store for aquarium supplies. I think I have entered a new realm of aquarium keeping.

American DJ PC-100A

http://www.guitarcen...636-i1155517.gc

Now if I could find a nice looking 4 or 5U rack to hold them in.

William

Glad you discovered these and hope you find them useful, but these are quite common/popular in this hobby.

They also sell power strips with the individual plugs and switches on the same side.

I am very interested in hearing about these being available at a music store. I have not seen these near that cheap. Most of the ones I have seen are monster power centers for televisions and entertainment centers.

Thanks

Bill

I don't know about the rest of you, but I have always had too many power cables. Every time I did some tank maintenance I ended up having to unplug the return pump, skimmer, auto-top off, etc.. None of them have power switches! I found a cool device, it is the American DJ On/Off power center. It is basically a 1U power strip that has the plugs on the back and a switch for each plug on the front. You can get them at Guitar Center for $29.99. We bought the last two this weekend. Who would have thought about going to the music store for aquarium supplies. I think I have entered a new realm of aquarium keeping.

American DJ PC-100A

http://www.guitarcen...636-i1155517.gc

Now if I could find a nice looking 4 or 5U rack to hold them in.

William

With 7 tanks, William...I THANK you!!!

Ha! LSK and I must have just beat you. They had 5 on Saturday and we picked up 3. These are also available on Amazon and other online stores. American DJ also makes a 4 switch model.

I'm also setting up a controller, but not one as extensive as Mark's. I plan on using this primarily to control pumps and the protein skimmer during feeding in my main tank and for pretty much everything on my planned (controllerless) 40gal nem and 3gal non-photo tanks.

I use a Neptune Systems Aquacontroller III one my 150, Others use the Apex from the same mfg. I use a Digital Aquatics ReefKeeper 2 on my wife's 58. They both have there pros and cons. You'll just need to decide what you want the controller to do and how much cash you want to lay down.

Neptune Systems Contollers

Digital Aquatics Controllers