monti?

mbender04

You can keep Monti's under T5 lighting it's just a matter of what species are appropriate for your size tank. If you want to maximize the diversity of coral in your tank it may better to chose an encrusting species like the "Superman" M. Danae or M. Undata. They are very colorful and require moderate care. The Monti caps which grow in a plating formation would limit the use of your available space as they would block the light of surrounding corals once they begin to grow.

Well the cool thing about Monti caps is when you place them at the bottom of the tank they tend grow in a cup formation, taking up less space. Keep in mind that this under high powered lighting. With only 2 bulbs you may want consider placing your specimen atleast midway in the tank. What is the wattage of your bulbs? Remeber when I say keeping Monti's under moderate care they will survive in less extreme lighting environments given that all other requirements for keeping SPS are met.

That's the desired look. They are 31w each ho t5s. I still have a lot of research to do before I buy one. I was just curious if they would even be at all compatible with my system first. I really appreciate the advice.

Edited by mbender04