RC Heli

ACampbell

I am new to RC helicopters, but I took the plunge and ordered a nice one. I'm wondering if there is anyone local here that can show me the ropes on my new toy?

I fly RC helicopters! i have been flying for about a year, and i know a whole bunch of people who can help you out! What kind of heli do you have, if you tell i can give you some pointers on that heli. text or call me if you want.

jonathan

Very cool Jonathan. Yea I figured someone here did. I find that I have a lot of common interest with my peers on here. Wish I would have asked before I bought, but I ended up deciding on the Walkera 4G3 Metal Micro 3D Aerobatic Brushless CNC RC Helicopter with the 2801 2.4GHz RC Transmitter. It should be quite an upgrade from the 3 channel zstorm I picked up at Frys.

Very cool Jonathan. Yea I figured someone here did. I find that I have a lot of common interest with my peers on here. Wish I would have asked before I bought, but I ended up deciding on the Walkera 4G3 Metal Micro 3D Aerobatic Brushless CNC RC Helicopter with the 2801 2.4GHz RC Transmitter. It should be quite an upgrade from the 3 channel zstorm I picked up at Frys.

Not trying to get into your Financial business but if you dont mind me asking how much you payed for the Heli? I fly a Trex600 nitro, they can get pricey but its worth the money. do you have a cell number we can chat. or we can get on the chat room. i would like to help you out before you purchase any other items lol. thanks

I used to race nitro rc cars just never got into the air. Hobby Town ought to be able to get you going the one I used to go to had a quite knowlegable staff. I have some rc gear if you ever want to try cars(hint hint) cheap/trade.

• 4 weeks later...

+1 on the RC Helis. Seems like once you get hooked on an expensive hobby, you tend to find others. Or maybe its the challenge :) I've been trolling here for a bit, doing my research getting ready to start a nano reef, and saw your message... I've been flying them on and off for a few years.

Looks like the Walkera's a decent starter copter, albeit tiny. I think my battery alone weighs twice your copter :) I've got a TRex 450SEV2 and a honey bee king. This is a hobby where you get what you pay for. The trex is all aluminum / carbon fiber, and flies like a dream. The King is a great copter I can experiment with, I don't have as much fear of breaking an expensive part on the trex.

Best advice I could give is make sure the bird is mechanically setup correctly first before you ever try to fly it. Then by some trainer sticks and ping pong balls (if it doesn't come with them) and very slowly start.

Although a lot of these vids are geared towards trexes, there's a ton of good info here: http://helifreak.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60

Good luck! Let me know if you have questions.

I'm into R/C also but haven't jumped into the aeronautics side. Good luck with the flying. i was thinking about building a R/C metroplex were you would be able to drive on road, off road, fly, and boat. My dad has set aside some land for me to do it. just dont have the funds. have you been to the place on decker lane where they fly everything from heli's to turbine jets?

post-1245-12688851771598_thumb.jpg

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...