Blackening Back Side of Tank

LeroyB

Solely aesthetics in fact there are we documented reports on the web that painting the back of your tank actually costs you lighting effeciency.

Interesting ... though I suspect if you let coraline grown on the back wall, this would change.

Interesting ... though I suspect if you let coraline grown on the back wall, this would change.

Yep, and when fully coated it would be the same as without a backing and coated in coralline.

If you've got a window behind your aquarium it could keep natural light out, but that's unlikely and not really a big problem. I've got a clear backed aquarium that I'm going to slap a black backing on, I just don't need to see the cables and whatnot, and having the tank be fully see through I don't think fits with the aquascape I've set up, in a way it makes the tank look smaller to be able to see out the back.

Yep, and when fully coated it would be the same as without a backing and coated in coralline.

If you've got a window behind your aquarium it could keep natural light out, but that's unlikely and not really a big problem. I've got a clear backed aquarium that I'm going to slap a black backing on, I just don't need to see the cables and whatnot, and having the tank be fully see through I don't think fits with the aquascape I've set up, in a way it makes the tank look smaller to be able to see out the back.

you can use black paint as well. much cheaper and easier to apply

if you can get your hand behind the tank, its still easier. The black sticker doesn't slide over the tank so you have to stick it straight on..which is impossible if the tank is setup.

Oh, missed the sticker part. Yes, I tried putting a sticker on my 75g... did not come out well. Ended up getting the black plastic stuff from wally world and put that on.