Shrimp combos

rainbody

Ive got a now fairly large banded coral shrimp and Id like to add some others. He doesnt venture far from his lair and I would bet that another one or even some peppermint shrimp or maybe some skunk cleaner type

would never see each other on opposite ends of the tank. I would just hate to add them and see the fight to the death. Any ideas?

The tank is 72" long and I havent seen the "kraken" as my wife calls hime move more than 4" from his cave/lair. It wouldnt shock me if I dropped something in on the other side and they never saw each other. Ill have to see what happens.

Yep, I think you're safe. I'd go with the skunk shrimp. They are a bigger and are less appetizing.

I had a huge coral banded that ruled the tank. I got a cleaner shrimp (1" smaller) and dropped him in. Things were fine for about 2 days, then one afternoon I was looking and saw the banded's left claw lying on the sand. A quick search found him backed into the corner by the cleaner. The cleaner darted forward and cut off his right claw. He was dead within a few hours. I honestly think that the banded tried to bully the cleaner and the cleaner used some of it's Mama tricks and made short work of him and left him to sleep with the fishes. :D

I don't expect the same to happen to you, but the bigger the tank the better.