RO/DI Systems

Dena

We are going to be in the market for a new RO/DI system and want to know which one would be the best one to get with the highest output and least amount of waste. We currently have a Coralife 150gpd unit. One of the containers has a small crack and a slow leak...not a big deal except that we keep it under our counter. So when the filters needs to be replaced, we're getting a new one.

So which one is it?

Thanks everyone!

Dena

My two cents, I have been very happy with http://www.thefilterguys.biz/

Jim ALWAYS answer the phone, has been very knowledgeable and is quick with the shipping. he will talk your ear off and will listen.

I bought the ocean wave plus, and then added another attachment (which I think ended up being the reef miser package), so I get a 1.5 to 1 ratio (1.5 waste).

My suggestion, call him, you'll like him. I also bought the Co2 scrubber from him later on.

Thanks...sent hubby their info. He's going to have to make the call because I don't understand anything about how they work and the verbage often used when discussing them. I try real hard, but nope LOL.

+1 for buying from BRS as they are a sponsor.

i have:

75 GPD RO/DI 5 Stage *PLUS* System

$200 ($180 if purchased during a group buy)

http://www.bulkreefs...lus-system.html

and:

150 GPD Water Saving Upgrade Kit

$60 ($54)

http://www.bulkreefs...pgrade-kit.html

and when i started using it (70+ deg ambient temp, 65+psi water pressure), i was getting 1:1 RODI to waste water ratio.

I really like the service you get from Buckeye. Buckeye sells a very quality unit at a great price. They will also make sure you get what you need from them to process your source water. Many folks don't understand that there is a difference between well water and tap, as well as chlorine and chloramine.

Make sure you get a unit that has a minimum of 2 pre-filters, an RO membrane, and a downflow DI canister-not the lay on the side ones.

I've had good service from BRS as well, I have not bought a complete unit from them, but I have bought pieces and parts.

I'll sick my hubby on their site tomorrow and will let you know.

Dena-

Bulk Reef is also running a special this month for 10% off RO DI systems.

If you order from BRS, let me know as I have a couple of things I'd like to pickup from them so we can split shipping

Most people...that would be me LOL. I'm gathering all info. and giving it to hubby...thanks for the input!!!!!

I really like the service you get from Buckeye. Buckeye sells a very quality unit at a great price. They will also make sure you get what you need from them to process your source water. Many folks don't understand that there is a difference between well water and tap, as well as chlorine and chloramine.

Make sure you get a unit that has a minimum of 2 pre-filters, an RO membrane, and a downflow DI canister-not the lay on the side ones.

I've had good service from BRS as well, I have not bought a complete unit from them, but I have bought pieces and parts.