I need help!

SChrisEV

I need help and info on how to best deal with the below.  It's now all over my aquarium.  It's worse than GSP.  Ideally there would be a natural ways to remove it, but I'm open to most anything now. :)  What is this even called?

20200715_150320.jpg

20200715_150313.jpg

I had a copperband butterfly that absolutely eradicated it from my tank.  Pretty, cool fish. The only issue is that after it's gone you'll need to pass him on or he'll starve.

• Like 1

I had one some time back that loved aphasia... not sure it eat any of the clove polyp, but maybe he was keeping it at bay, because at that point I did not have much at all...if any!?  Maybe I need to get another one.

On 7/15/2020 at 4:33 PM, SChrisEV said:

I had one some time back that loved aphasia... not sure it eat any of the clove polyp, but maybe he was keeping it at bay, because at that point I did not have much at all...if any!?  Maybe I need to get another one.

Yep, once mine got rid of the aiptasia he went for the clove. I never saw cloves again (but did aiptasia)

I did a good bit of reading about fenbendazole treatments, and it seemed that in most cases shrimp lived, even smaller types, snails didn't, but that about serpent stars and even more of a concern tiger cucumbers.    I've heard that cucumbers can crash a system if they die.  I have GSP on my back wall, if it did die I wouldn't be too upset.

What did you experience @Jimbo662  Trying to remove the tiger cucumbers would probably be equivalent to taking all my rock out. :)  The ONE I added is at least 4 now.

2 hours ago, SChrisEV said:

I did a good bit of reading about fenbendazole treatments, and it seemed that in most cases shrimp lived, even smaller types, snails didn't, but that about serpent stars and even more of a concern tiger cucumbers.    I've heard that cucumbers can crash a system if they die.  I have GSP on my back wall, if it did die I wouldn't be too upset.

What did you experience @Jimbo662  Trying to remove the tiger cucumbers would probably be equivalent to taking all my rock out. :)  The ONE I added is at least 4 now.

Nothing in the tank was affected by the treatment. The clove polyps seemed to disappear after several days...but both times eventually came back.  I even tried scrubbing them with a toothbrush but it didn't seem to help.