Cleaning filter socks

Rconde

Best way to clean your filter socks. 

Hey everyone I’ve got 2 200 micron socks and I can’t seem to find a good method to clean them, can I just stick them in the washer? 

I’ve tried rinsing under water and scrubbing with my hand, rinsing with hot hot water, rinsing with my high pressure water hose attachment. 

I use socks. I would like a fresh pair everyday, so would my tank. My wallet will not allow for this. So I have to wash them. I dont wash mine with tank socks. I use a broom handle to turn them inside out. I toss them in the washer with bleach. They get pretty stinky in a 5 gallon bucket with lid after a week.  Bleach in the pre-soak as well as in the soap tray. I have a front load machine that uses very little water. I do a pre-soak cycle, speed wash cycle and second rinse. When thats all over I take them out and let dry for a day. I do 30 at a time. If i had only 2,  I would toss them in some bleach water for an hour then wash them with plain water in the machine. Maybe an extra rinse to make sure the bleach is gone.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...