Shock

Christyef

The current should not kill things in your tank.

GFI's "Ground Fault Interrupters"  They will trip like a circuit breaker when you have stray current (like your short).  You should have either a titanium heater or a ground probe plugged into your wall socket circuit. This will shut off the current thus avoiding you getting killed. This will also turn off your equipment so ........

either way... if gfci in/out doesn't match it trips. its safe to plug into gfci... Ground is ground. (this isn't an isolated ground circuit)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I’ve ordered it! Thanks. I unplugged everything like juiceman said, and couldn’t pinpoint anything. It seems to shock me worse where there’s a break in the skin. Like a short cut nail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

instead of testing with your hand, use a meter silly [emoji4]  ground to ground, red to water.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]. Didn’t have one.... it didn’t kill me. Was just trying to figure it out.

Every time I've been shocked it was because of a heater with water touching the coil. I've read that some circulation pumps short out and shock people as well. It's usually Jebao or knock-off brands on Amazon and Ebay. 

Did you figure out  what it was?

I second the heater suggestion. Yet another reason not to use them.

No sir. Never could pin point anything

On 4/1/2018 at 7:49 PM, Christyef said:

I’ve ordered it! Thanks. I unplugged everything like juiceman said, and couldn’t pinpoint anything. It seems to shock me worse where there’s a break in the skin. Like a short cut nail.

i know it sounds kind of weird but have you tried sticking your other hand in the tank to see if you feel it? With that cut on your hand the water can irritate that. i can tell where every cut is on my hands when im cleaning or messing around my tank. Getting shocked to me feels more numbing then what you described. Just a thought. 

I added the ground prong thingy. It worked! I unplugged it and stuck my hand in, was shocked. Plugged it back in, no shock! Woohoo! Y’all are geniuses!

1 hour ago, Christyef said:

I added the ground prong thingy. It worked! I unplugged it and stuck my hand in, was shocked. Plugged it back in, no shock! Woohoo! Y’all are geniuses!

now you see why pool/hottub pumps and water heaters have a ground pin :)

4 hours ago, Sascha D. said:

Yeah, you go girl! Who needs to find out what the problem is when you can wait until it  goes away on it's own!

I sent her a harbor freight coupon for a free meter :)

Archived