32bc-back in the hobby tank

ReefingRelapse

Hey yall thanks for the add on here. Thought I'd share the tank I have going at the moment. It's just a 32g biocube with AI prime and the back set up as a fuge.

This is not my first tank, but the first tank that I've had in about 8-10yrs. (And wow has this industry changed!) I probably even had an account on here many years ago. Lol

Livestock: 2 occelaris, bicolor blenny that may get evicted, peppermint shrimp that never moves, a conch that does serious cleaning, other inverts, and half my corals that hate my tank.

Considering transitioning to an all sps tank. Don't mind the frags on the ground I've already cooked a few acros, trying not to do that again.

20180226_073615.jpg

20180226_074511.jpg

20180226_075157.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Long over due update.

Went full sps

Had an unexplained tank crash and lost most of them. Cleaned out the fuge, started running carbon, did multiple water changes and things went back to normal.

Added tailspot blenny and 6 line wrasse

Added the Aquaticlife 115 skimmer, it works I guess.

Made a ghetto hybrid system with 2 $40 t5 kits from Amazon.

Added 2 jebao powerheads

Started dosing vinegar. Reef advantage calcium and alk. Fuel amino and red sea trace elements. Haven't had to do a water change in a couple months, things have never grown or looked better. Acro's are finally growing and encrusting!!!

Ca 440

Kh 9

Mag 1500

Nitrate undetectable

Phosphate undetectable

20180620_163513.jpg

20180620_163534.jpg

20180620_163453.jpg

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, FarmerTy said:

Sorry about the losses. If you remember what you got from me, be happy to replace them for you free of charge. Glad you're back in the game and everything is doing well.

That'd be awesome! I saw your recent frags post, i definitely am interested in few. Running out of space up top so I'm trying to decide on some lower light sps for the bottom.

That'd be awesome! I saw your recent frags post, i definitely am interested in few. Running out of space up top so I'm trying to decide on some lower light sps for the bottom.
Granulosas and other smooth skinned acros would probably fit the bill for you for lower light SPS.