diesel3443's 80g SPS Reboot

diesel3443

Nice! What's all the green in the background?

Mostly more acros. They aren’t all green though, it must be a combination of the filter and how far they are from the camera [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Picture update [emoji15]

BC Miss Scarlett

7abbe5d9f5b2b4cb95d151394a6cf7e7.jpg

BC Leprechaun Pergatory

80f08f340c25dc721b5d2f00a88a3bdd.jpg

Orange Fury Millie
0b62734e5489b31a7d9ca16118989abc.jpg

Randoms

1c79b9151ea052b5dceb090d9700641a.jpg

a56ea15c457f503c1d82eb62a36ef211.jpg

9d5fe4778af7affabe5052cb66df6d08.jpg

I also picked up a few frags from Austin Aqua Farms this weekend

1afe3908c5045129a7be1bc4e7f72fc0.jpg

154f127bbd503e3fa4a73a37beabd366.jpg

My Walt Disney is starting to color up even more again
b3f1c284da501a5ce9dc96f6cad5f405.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I had racks over rocks in my frag tank for a while.  It really built up detritus from lack of flow under there, so I pulled all the rock from the tank and only have it in my sump now.

Yeah, that was my biggest detriment.  Given this tank has no sump, I am trying to figure out how to do it with the least impact to the system.   I am having a huge bubble algae problem (most of the rocks are covered in it) and its annoying me to no end

• Like 1

Yeah, that was my biggest detriment.  Given this tank has no sump, I am trying to figure out how to do it with the least impact to the system.   I am having a huge bubble algae problem (most of the rocks are covered in it) and its annoying me to no end
Vibrant works like a charm on bubble algae but it definitely has an effect on your tank biology. From observation, seems to kind of restart your tank and you have to somewhat cycle again... Minus the ammonia/nitrite stage.

• 6 months later...
44 minutes ago, diesel3443 said:

Jim, maybe I am missing it, but I don't see an option to edit any of my posts anymore.  

Are you a premium member? I seem to remember the ability to edit posts might pass after a certain amount of time if you're not. I can't find anything about it anymore though, so maybe I'm making it up?

31 minutes ago, KimP said:

Are you a premium member? I seem to remember the ability to edit posts might pass after a certain amount of time if you're not. I can't find anything about it anymore though, so maybe I'm making it up?

I am not a premium member.  Maybe that is the reason. 

26 minutes ago, diesel3443 said:

I am not a premium member.  Maybe that is the reason. 

If you tell me what title you want I should be able to change it.  I believe Kim was right about the time period for edits for regular members.

Okay, as a few of you already knew, and now that the cat is out of the bag, I "recently" (back in September or November) bought a "new to me" tank.  Its actually Josh Avila's (of Pod Your Reef) old 80g Planet Aquariums tank.  After going bigger (@150g), I feel like this tank is the sweet spot for me, no to big, not too small as I travel a lot for work and the larger tank just becomes overwhelming to me, and my wife when I am away for that matter.  

It needed a little TLC, but it came with the following:

• Tank & Stand
  • Trigger Systems Ruby 36 Sump 
  • NYOS 120 Skimmer
  • Radion XR15 G3
  • Zen Reef Smoked Acrylic 10g ATO Reservoir

I will be recycling the following from the 25gal to the 80g:

• Radion XR15 G4 
  • Profilux 3ex Controller and Doser

Ill be adding the following (some things I had already, some I will have to procure)

• MP40
  • WP40 (I had this laying around, will probably get another MP40 at some point
  • Aquatic Life 48 T5 Hybrid unit
  • Mag9.5 for the return (had this laying around) 

Josh gave me a smoking deal on the tank and equipment, so I decided to clean it myself...Should of had him clean it haha.  

IMG_2434.jpeg

After a nice vinegar and citric acid bath 

IMG_2436.jpeg