APEX stuck in boot loader mode

ceastman

It started around noon yesterday, all my lights went off and I could no longer get to the apex web interface. I logged a ticket with Neptune since they don't answer their phones...

They said to try and upload the firmware, I've been trying that but it is still stuck in boot loader mode. I have tried unplugging the aquabus cable. removing power from the eb8's. and doing the firmware again.

still stuck in boot loader mode. Now Neptune says that we can't do a phone session until sometime next week......

help!!!!

since it seems that no in the area carries the apex power supply. can I use any power adapter as long as I can get to 12V/500mA?

I don't have the specific specs of the apex power supply in front of me, but yes, if you have a generic that has the same V/mA then you should be fine

since it seems that no in the area carries the apex power supply. can I use any power adapter as long as I can get to 12V/500mA?

I don't have the specific specs of the apex power supply in front of me, but yes, if you have a generic that has the same V/mA then you should be fine

12VDC, 500mA, 2.1mm tip, center positive.

Man, that sucks about neptune not being more responsive. I have a power supply that works for it if you need to borrow it. There is also a super secret way to reset everything (not in the standard menus) via opening up the case and shorting some pins, but I can't find the documentation :(

so I found a 12V/500mA adapter and that powers the apex up but still stick in boot loader. Soon as I apply power it comes on the network for about 10 pings, long enough for the firmware update utility to push up the latest firmware.

I had to ship mine in a couple months ago and the turn around time was super fast. I was out of warranty too and my specific repair was only $35 bucks, so very reasonable. Hopefully you'll have a great experience too!

• 3 weeks later...

Repair was $50 and it was out of warranty also, kinda funny how soon after a manufacturer's warranty expire something happens. Got the unit back but its memory was wiped so now I am trying to remember how everything was configured. Shame on me for not saving my config more often.

Archived