Share your thoughts.

Michae52

Do any other ARC members have a lagoon type tank set up or in the process of setting one up. Patrick and I have been the vocal ones as far as setting this type of theme up. Patrick as far as I know is in the process of cycling his 135 gal. My tank is done except for adding a couple more fish and letting the aglae grow out more. If anyone has a setup with this theme going let everyone know. Describe what you are doing and what you hope to accomplish with your tank. Photos will be apprecicated and maybe it will give other members an idea of what can be done. I know that this is a Reef Club, but there is alot more than that in the Deep Blue Sea, or in the case of a lagoon, the Shallow Yellow Sea.

I'll be setting up my brackish qt tank towards the end of summer. Would that be considered a lagoon tank? How would you define a lagoon tank?

A lagoon is a protected zone that is usually shallow and favor sea grasses. Our reef tanks are mixed gardens which typically favor corals. A lagoon would be our interpretation of this seagrass and protected area. A brackish water tank would be one biotheme for a lagoon. In my case, I favor decorative macro algae for a big part in my lagoon tank. Since I have much dense limsstone on my property, my lagoon biotheme is a spin from Stonhedge. Since it is a "blue lagoon", I claim a biotheme of Easter Island.

Patrick

Archived