JimD

Its difficult to say, I think it looks better than a 14k but not as blue as a 20k. It seemed to have fairly good color seperation and looked to be pretty bright on an e ballast. What 20k bulb are you running?

Edited by JimD

Honestly I don't know what kind of 20k bulb I have right now. I picked it up for free at the end of it's useful life cycle. Six months later I think it is time for a new one. I am not growing anything so it is not a huge deal, but I would like to start some softies. What I have now is very white with a lot of blue, closer to a 14k bulb I think. Similar to the Iwasaki 15k (175w). I run it unsupplemented so color is more important than par.

Depending on the bulb/ballast combination, 20k's can be pretty weak, especially 250 watters. I think you could grow just about anything under this bulb and you 'may' be able to run it without actinics, I have a friend who does just that except with a Reeflux 12k. Heck, for 30 bucks its better than buying a new Reeflux for over twice the price then deciding you dont like it.