RO system

Jakedoza

As above, add Di but if you are going to drink the water also, I would put a T in after the tank to go to the DI so that you don't drink the DI water. It is so pure that it will lower the amount of electrolytes in your body. You might want to add as second carbon filter before the Ro membrane.

Not to the same extent. I have mine plumbed in after my water softener and my tds before my RoDi is still 200+

I guess I have some things to learn coming from FW.. I know the basic levels I need to watch..

Ammonia

Nitrates

Nitrites

PH

Hardness of water...

What else is there to monitor?

Did it come with a in-line TDS meter? If not I would suggest you get a couple. They come with two probes. The first set of probes set between the incoming source water and after your last filter before RO membrane. The second set of probes set right after the membrane and right after the DI canister. This way you'll know when to change out filters and RO membrane. The DI resin can be color changing but having the TDS probe after te DI resin canister can tell when that needs to be changed too, I change mine when the meter reads 001.

The link will help you understand if the above is confusing (still working on my first cup of coffee).

Dual Inline TDS Meter DM-1 HM Digital

Dave-

Did it come with a in-line TDS meter? If not I would suggest you get a couple. They come with two probes. The first set of probes set between the incoming source water and after your last filter before RO membrane. The second set of probes set right after the membrane and right after the DI canister. This way you'll know when to change out filters and RO membrane. The DI resin can be color changing but having the TDS probe after te DI resin canister can tell when that needs to be changed too, I change mine when the meter reads 001.

The link will help you understand if the above is confusing (still working on my first cup of coffee).

Dual Inline TDS Meter DM-1 HM Digital

Dave-

No it didn't.. I was kinda curious at how I would tell when the filters needed to be changed. I was just going to keep a log on how much water went through the thing since we are not using for drinking water. That is a good idea though.