AutoTopOff.com

muddybluewater

I want to buy a solenoid valve for my Ro/Di in the garage. Does anyone have local contact info for them? I have emailed twice with no response. I understand that they are local and would like to avoid shipping. If not does anyone know of a alternative source for the solenoid valves locally?

This might be a dumb question, but...

How reliable is this AutoTopOff system? I.e. how do I set it up to make sure I don't dump a bunch of water all over the floor because the pum gets stuck on or something?

Thanks,

-Dan

This might be a dumb question, but...

How reliable is this AutoTopOff system? I.e. how do I set it up to make sure I don't dump a bunch of water all over the floor because the pum gets stuck on or something?

Thanks,

-Dan

I've run their system for nearly a year now with only 1 issue. The issue was that the switch got stuck "on" so I put 5G of RODI water into my sump. It didn't overflow, but my salinity dropped to 1.021.

To avoid the issue you talked about, they make a ATO with 2 switches, an upper and a lower switch so that if the lower one gets stuck on, when the water level rises to the higher one, the higher one will kick off your pump.

Some of the other top-off's have a "max" timeout, where the pump will only run for a certain maximum amount of time -- 15 minutes or so, and after that they will lock up. You have to unplug them and reset them to clear the lock. The JBJ ATO and (I think) the Tunze osmolator both do this.

Tunze uses an optical sensor which can't jam.