Help! What do I do with this fish?

apmark

Ive had a coral beauty in a quarantine tank with 2 green chromis' for 3 weeks and today I noticed that he's lost one of his side fins and his tail looked a bit ragged as well. My general sense is that he doesn't look so good but I can't tell if it's just stressed or if he's sick. i thought that green chromis' were supposed to be docile and wouldn't hurt one else put in with them. Have they attacted him or is it something else, a disease perhaps? Secondly, I need to know if I should get him out of there and into my main reef (with 1 yellow tang and 2 ocelaris clowns to get him away from the chromis' or leave him in quarantine because he is diseased?

I would sit in front of the tank and observe the behaviors of all the fish. Does the coral beauty seem to be irritated? Flashing, striking objects? Do you see the chromis' chasing or picking at the coral beauty? If it's them, then you'd observe this within 30 minutes. Just sit and watch. It's hard to say what could be going on without pictures or a description of behaviors.

Will do...but an apparently bitten off fin and a ragged tail are not symptoms of some disease that I'd be spreading to the reef tank should I decide to move him are they? Any other risks I should consider before I move him? A stressed fish will be more disease prone but could it get anything that's not already in the reef tank?

Hey mark, Chromis is in the same family of damsel. They not as aggressive but still up there and will try to nip if the fish is not healthy. I have chromis, but when you put them in the main tank, the other fish will put them in check.

-Joseph