Scarlet Pin Stripe Wrasse or Six Line Wrasse

Derek

So, I have decided that I want to get a wrasse. I have narrowed it down to two choices, the Scarlet Pin Stripe Wrasse or the Six Line Wrasse. I have not seen a Scarlet Pin Stripe Wrasse in person. I have had a Six Line Wrasse in the past and liked him.

According to LiveAquaria.com they have the same temperament and environment requirements. Either one would be good for my tank. Does anyone know if the Scarlet Pin Stripe Wrasse is as active as the Six Line Wrasse? I love how the Six Line Wrasse dart in and out of rocks and is fairly active and passive to other fish.

The sixline tend to be agressive with the fairy and flasher wrasses so if you plan on going sixline that will narrow down your wrasse options later on. I am partial to the flashers myself blue flasher wrasse will be my next wrasse purchase unless I can find another leopard which I would grab.

The sixline tend to be agressive with the fairy and flasher wrasses so if you plan on going sixline that will narrow down your wrasse options later on. I am partial to the flashers myself blue flasher wrasse will be my next wrasse purchase unless I can find another leopard which I would grab.

I do like the Blueheaded Fairy Wrasse. They are pretty nice. I do not have some semi-aggressive fish in my tank, like a pseudochromis. She stays in the rocks until she is hungry. Out of all of my fish she is probably the most aggressive. I got rid of a spotted hawkfish that I had because he would attack anything with fins.

Would a fairy wrasse have problems acclimating to a tank with larger fish or semi-aggressive fish?

Sounds like if you want a passive wrasse you should add it before either one. I like my 6 line.

I do like the wrasses from the genus Pseudocheilinus. They remind me of dogs. That's one of the reasons why I like the Scarlet Pin Stripe Wrasse and the Six Line Wrasse.

Fairy Wrasses are very skittish. If you plan on having them I would stay away from the sixline for sure. Not very familiar with the pin-stripe. I love Wrasses and have lost a few to jumping even with a canopy. They somehow seem to find the smallest openings somehow. So make sure you have your tank covered.

Fairy Wrasses are very skittish. If you plan on having them I would stay away from the sixline for sure. Not very familiar with the pin-stripe. I love Wrasses and have lost a few to jumping even with a canopy. They somehow seem to find the smallest openings somehow. So make sure you have your tank covered.

The six lines can be pretty aggressive. The scarlet pin stripes are much more docile... at least that is what rumor says. I haven't seen one in person or have known anyone who has one.

he is nice to everyone but my fire fish. He's just taking pot shots at him now, but I like the fire fish over the wrasse.

I might have to bring over my sheet of acrylic and try to catch him. :) I can bring it tomorrow night when it is order pick up time and see if I can nab him.