ro/di

ludakris

hey everyone..i was woundering about ro/di units...is there a major difference between the 5 stage and the 4 stage ro/di units? i know the 4 stage is more affordable than the 5 stage but i know i would get better water quality out of the 5 stage..but im woundering would it be worth the extra money to get a 5 stage unit....ill be visiting austin again this friday...my 29g nano has finished cycling in a week..im amazed...i did a test of the water and the ammonia is at 0.25ppm and the nitrates ar at 0ppm...the nitrates are at 20ppm so all i got to do is a waterchange and then i think im off to being able to add a few fish to the tank..any info would be helpful on the units..if anyone has used ones of whatever...thank you all....chris

would u still get 0 tds with a 4 stage ro/di unit?

Depends on how bad the water is where you are. Get a TDS meter. I have the dual inline. It tells me the TDS coming out of the RO and then again after the DI. I never get 0 out of the RO. Usually it is about 3-5. After DI it is 0.