Changing 400 w mh to 250w

don duncan

Thanks for the offer. I have the 3 ballasts and everything else I need for the light rack I'm building, but would consider buying an extra as a spare if someone was selling one at a good price. I'll keep the the 25% discount in mind though, if I need to buy something new.

Stephen

I just asked the same question at LFS the other day about switching 150 mh to 250s or 400s. I was told not just the ballast but the base and maybe even the wiring depending on the gauge need to be redone. True to told I would love to know if thats truthful. I hate having to buy yet another set of lights.

I hate piggy backing on someone elses thread so I hope no one minds.

But as of now I have an Coralife Pro light set. Its got 3 150 HQIs and 4 96w PC lights plus 4 moon lights. I would love to upgrade to 250s or even 400s but Im not willing to shell out the 1k to 1500 bucks to do it.

I wrote corallife directly(oceanicsystems) about switching up to a 250 HQI set (asked if they had a refit kit or how to guide)and got nothing from them.

I guess the bottom line is I wanted to refit my 150 HQI lightset with 250s or 400s