How to Lower Water Level for Wavebox?

Meteorflower

Hi everyone, I have a question for y'all. I am planning to add a Tunze Wavebox to my 156 gallon reef soon, but my problem is that with the way my plumbing is now, the water level in the display is too high for a wavebox. It would make a mess even with a 1/2 inch wave! So I'm wondering how to lower the water level... my tank is drilled and plumbed with two Megaflow drains, and has an in and an out in each box. Is it possible to just push the overflow pipes down? Or drill a few more holes in the PVC? I'm a little plumbing challenged, so any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

your in tank level will be dependent on the level of the teeth on the overflow, not the level of the drains. So you'll have to cut the teeth down so that the water in the tank drains at a lower level. In other words, the level of the bottom of the teeth on the overflow, the level of your tank water.

That's what I thought, but I think this overflow is the kind that has slots in the top, middle and bottom. How would I modify that?

just cut the ones in the top. The others don't handle near the amt of water that the top ones do and have nothing to do with water level.