The trouble with urchins

NonSequitur

I couldn't figure it out. My two gorgeous xenia colonies were looking good.. I was about ready to frag one of them, had it attached to two separate rocks and I had moved them apart, when one of the pieces ended up randomly on the other end of the tank. I had no idea how it got there, but ok, I'll attach it to a rock over there, see if I could get it to grow up the side glass of the tank. This morning I woke up and it was moved to the other end of the tank. Just sitting there on the sandbed.

This evening when I got home my tuxedo urchin was right in the middle of the colony, pulling another piece off. He definitely fragged it, though I'm not sure if it was in the reefkeeper sense of the word or the first person shooter sense of the word. He then proceeded to haul his prize up onto one of the powerheads.

Anyway, here is is, caught red handed. The xenia is still happily pulsing:

gallery_915_130_943.jpg

Haha.. Nah, I'm not going to flush him.. He's actually one of my favorites. It's a running joke around my house "what's the urchin carrying today?" So far since I got him he's picked up zoa polyps, snails, hermit crabs, food of various sorts, cyanobacteria, those worms that live in tubes in the sand, macroalgae, dead SPS skeletons, rabbitfish poop... and now xenia!

• 2 weeks later...