Aragocrete

labradorduck

I made up a few rocks of aragocrete a few weeks back that have been pH aging in rainwater(when we get it) or tap water. Finally starting to see the pH drop to under 9. Hoping to have it ready to cure with natural live rock by Christmas.

Anybody else ever work with it?

Austin Reef Club -> Gallery -> Viewing image -> Small aragocrete

I uploaded 3 images to the gallery. Very porous, I want to make up some bigger pieces, but this was just to see if it would work at all. I have plenty of concrete, and some biodegradable packing peanuts to try next, along with some cool disk shaped "things" I created from mushed corn. I also I want to try adding some black plastic shavings(ever notice how the black plastic in your tank gets coraline ultra fast?

Lots to try, hoping to have time over the Christmas break!

• 5 weeks later...

I have been doing some research on this myself today. Here is a link to youtube on how to make reef rock. There are two peoples that I like

hotvws3 and eddiekern are two names that do the best jobs explaining how to do it. hotvws3 takes forever to explain things in a 5 part series but worth watching. GARF.org is also a good site.

http://www.youtube.c...arch_type=&aq=f

Edited by rollrok18