I should know this. . .

dapettit

I have a PFO 150 watt MH ballast, model #AQ1-150HQI, that powered a de bulb. I want to use it as a mogul set up. I can't seem to find any info (I'm sure someone with better Google skills than me will probably find something).

I have a 58 gallon tank that is 36" across, 18”wide and 30" deep. The inside top of the canopy sits 8" above the tank. Will this be enough light (par) to keep a RBTA?

TIA,

Dave-

From the research I've done, DE ballasts often have a higher starting voltage than equivalent SE ballats, and sometimes drive the lamps a little harder, but it will typically work. 150w aquarium lamps are expensive and hard to find (I think Iwasaki is the only one that makes them and choices are limited to 6500k and what they call 50000k but actually looks a lot like their 15000k aqua2 lamp) , but I've successfully run both ushio 10000k and sps 14000k 175w lamps on 150w ballasts. (Thanks Prof for that tip!)