Two Hawkfish, One Tank?

Meteorflower

Hi all, I had a question I was hoping for some input on. I have a 156 gallon (5'x2'x2') reef aquarium with 150+ lbs of live rock and (among other fishes) a flame hawkfish that a friend gave me when she shut her tank down. I was wondering if I would have problems with this little guy if I tried to add a Falco hawkfish.... thoughts? Opinions? I haven't heard much about keeping different species of hawk together. Thanks!

I've have two flame hawks in my 90g and they have adapted fine to the company, they love hanging out together. Previously another member had a falco for trade so I did some reading and everything I found said it is not recommended. In your size tank you might get away with it, but if you try I would introduce the new fish at night when your lights go out and it is generally a good idea to move your rock around to lessen the chance of your existing fish protecting its territory. The rearrangement and darkness can allow fish to establish new territories at night that head off some fighting when the lights come back on.

Ah, so basically the same routine as for aggressive cichlids? That's pretty much what I thought (and what Hunter at Aquadome told me) but I wanted to ask around and see if anyone else had some experience with mixing hawks. I'll keep thinking on it... Thanks!