caution fragging

muddybluewater

i'm gonna go ahead and call bs on this line : " and somehow they seem to have the ability to aim for the mouth and eyes of the propagator."

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss that claim. Spitting cobras do the same thing, but the eyesight of the cobra is awful. Researchers still don't know how exactly they know where to spit their venom but get it near they eyes/mouth of the victim with something like 85% accuracy.

if your too quick and call bs you may be calling mama not too long after. I was doing some scaping in the tank and some palys fell over I caught them and put them back. I could tell they slimed me, I finished what I was doing and then washed my hands when I was done. Later that evening I thought I was going to die. I am very carefull with paly's now and would urge all to use the same caution.

i'm fine with the spitting and poisoning you but am going to say that getting it in your eye or face is most likely bad luck for you, good luck for them. most of the time your gonna be bending over the tank with only your face at a possible angle, or in a similar position, i agree with rest of article.... just that one line. :)

When I read that line, I kinda thought the author was saying it tongue-in-cheek. It does seem unlikely that a coral would be able to aim that way. I knew cobras could, but corals didn't evolve around that many things with eyes and mouths, aside from the fact that they would have to learn to re-calibrate their aim according to the difference between water and air.