hob skimmer

GrimReefer

I have a red sea hob skimmer that is about 18" tall and pushed by a maxi 1200. It works great and pulls out alot out of my 120. I also have an in sump skimmer that i tried to use the maxi on and its not nearly enough water or bubbles for it though. So i was seeing if anyone has a big enough pump for my skimmer to trade for my hob skimmer.

I googled and found a schematic for the skimmer. From your description above it may be a Sea Clone 150. It uses a modified Maxi-Jet 1200. Here is the item #MPB1200R. Contact them at:

"Aquarium Services Technical Support at 1-800-822-1100

Monday - Friday, between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. (Eastern

Time) Please have your manual and MasterCard or VISA ready

when ordering."

Or try to find the mod to the 1200 on-line.

Dave-

The Sea Clone can be either. Has you 1200 been modified? That is the key, I think. Pump size would be anything that moves over what the 1200 moves which is 295gph. Ehiem makes some great pumps. You can find them at Aquatek.

What brand and make is the skimmer? Do you know the model #?

Here is the link to the owners manual:

owners manual

not sure make or model it was given to me. the only way to tell is the lid, theres three pointed ovals that connect in the middle, other than that theres not even a number on it

Euro Reef i think is the brand on that one. does it look like a celtic symbol?

yea thats it, mines an oldschool version i guess. i will check out the site for the pump. thanks everyone for the help and i will just post the hob on want to sell later, unless someone has some lps i dont have. but thanks again for the help

aw man I just threw out a Sedra 9000. You can have it if you want. No impeller no front cover. Probably useless as you could get one for the same price as those parts.

Prof can get smoking hot deals on those pumps, send him a PM

AndrewT posted that he needs your HOB skimmer.