From the ashes....

dpotts

Back in July my bubble coral (my favorite coral) died. It happened overnight with no explanation that I could come up with. This is what it looked like to start with

bubblein90g.jpg

this is when it started to die

bubble-1.jpg

I didn't take any pictures of it when it was completely dead because it was just too sad!! All that was left was exoskeleton and a few scattered pieces of flesh. I got some really good advice from fellow reefers, who told me to leave it in my tank because there was a small chance that it would grow back. Well I am happy to report that it is indeed growing back!! I can't believe it! Over the last few weeks I've noticed a lot of growth and it's even starting to inflate again!! Here is what it looks like now...

bubbleregrowth1.jpg

I'mm not an expert, so I dont know and perhaps others can chime in on this, but is it advisable to trim off skelton so as not to "cut" into new growth?

Thanks for the advice but I don't think I want to risk it right now!smile.gif It's been doing so well all by itself...I'm just gonna let nature do it's thing!