Your one favorite coral

PeeperKeeper

Can you do it? Can you pick your absolute favorite? Mine changes from one month to the next even if I don't change what's in my tank.

I'm sure this question has been asked here before, but I couldn't find it when I browsed old topics, so I thought I'd ask it now. I do have an ulterior motive though. I'm getting ready to embark on the SPS route and I'm trying to decide what to get. I only want you to choose from what you currently have or have had in the past in your own tank, not what you saw online or in a friend's tank and wish you had. Take into consideration not only how it looks, but how well it does in your tank, growth rate, care requirements, whether it died 2 weeks after you introduced it, etc. It doesn't have to be SPS, but lets not count the fish in this one, just corals, anemones and other (relatively) stationary inverts. Oh, and I guess if you want to pick two things, your favorite that you have now and your all time favorite that you ever had in your tank, that would be good. Pics if possible, please!

My favorite as of now would probably be my fuzzy mushrooms, but I'm sure that will be changing in the near future when I get some SPS. I like the way they move with the water and the tips have a little bit of a blue glow in the actinics.

My all time fave would probably be the tube anemone in my avatar. I'd say my RBTA, but it was a pain the way it moved around all the time.

post-28-1255437294768_thumb.jpg

My current favorite has to be my Aussie Acans, though my Harlequin Tusk likes to play with them so I am trying to sell them.

gallery_15_6_76188.jpg

My all time favorite that I have owned has to be the Bali Tri-Color. I could only find an extreme close up.

gallery_15_6_355673.jpg

I am quite interested in the acans. Please let me know how we can get in touch.

Gabriel, those are beautiful acans. Too bad about the Harlequin.

Andrew! C'mon you must have pics of your fave? You're gonna make me Google scolymia?

Zarathustra, I think I saw white lightening sponge at RCA the other day. Euphilia I know, Duncans I'll have to look up too.

It's the half torch half hammer that is floating around. Its my fav because it was the first LPS I really had good success with. Bright green tips. Really pretty LPS. The Duncan I really like the way it folds up and I have been super successful with it. Going from 2 heads to ~7-9 from a mass budding it did.

I saw the sponge over at RCA. I have to wait for my tank to be ready for the sponge. From what i have read up it is a pretty difficult to keep species long term. Needs a pretty constant food source so I need the refugium to mature and need to get the Roti/Phyto culture drip going.

Edit: Dang it... I really like my Micro Blastos a lot too, i have three species... Then my Paly's ... I'm not sure I can really choose a favorite.

I would like to someday have a piece of LE Tyree Watermelon Chalice....but in the meantime my faves are:

One of my favorites is the Oregon Tort. Slow grower, true blue (probably one of the bluest sps I have in the tank). It took forever, IMO, to get this size (it started w/a 1" frag). Now is over 3" in height and over 5" wide spread.

gallery_40_5_140005.jpg

My second favorite would be the Blue Tip Tenius. Beautiful blue tips and creamy color all over. Moderate grower and lots of flow...both corals have thrived in our system.

gallery_40_5_2051445.jpg

Zara that piece is known as "Scuba Steve Hybrid". Steve was from San Antonio and his frags were colonies. Great guy, great hobbyist, all around super guy. He could grow that hybrid faster then he could give it away. I saw him throw heads of it away and cuss it like it were Xenia.