AC Apex

Eckreef

Interested in opinions on the Neptune Aquacontroller Apex.

Anyone got one and happy with it?

I am looking for a controller and really like the fact that the Apex and AC3 are compatible with the iphone.

I wouldn't mind an AC3 but have not been able to find one new and they are scarce used.

Was about to buy an Apex when I saw this review on Marinedepot.com

"0 of 3 people found the following review helpful:

2stars.gif Below Average

NOT ready for prime time. by RICHARD TISDALE Experience Level: Expert

Posted on 9/8/2009 from KENNEWICK, WA UNITED STATES

Comments: As a previous owner of the Aquacontroller Jr. and Aquacontroller III, I was very excited when I order my new Apex controller. That excitement has dimmed considerably after receiving this controller. I truly wish I had my III back. The Apex is just not ready for prime time yet. Although I was told before I purchased it, that my AquaNotes would be compatable with it, it is not. The manual is a joke. Please, please save your money on this one.

I would not recommend this product to my friends. "

Is this a legitimate review or just a disgruntled party?

Any comments or experiences appreciated?

+1 for RC. That's where I got mine. You just have to be ready to buy quickly. A lot of people are unloading them to get the Apex so you can cash in on their desire for the latest greatest.

For $400ish you should be able to get:

- head unit

- DC 8

- temp probe

- pH probe

Sometimes more, depending on how educated the seller is. I cannot stress enough tho, you have to be ready to buy when one pops up. They go fast.

have you read the threads on RC's Neptune Systems sub-forum? it'll give you a better idea of issues people are really dealing with, Curt/NS's level of customer service, etc etc. i'm ordering an Apex cause i want my display to be separate from the various connections. if you are looking for a deal, i might be able to add you to my order - pm if interested.

+1 for RC. That's where I got mine. You just have to be ready to buy quickly. A lot of people are unloading them to get the Apex so you can cash in on their desire for the latest greatest.

For $400ish you should be able to get:

- head unit

- DC 8

- temp probe

- pH probe

Sometimes more, depending on how educated the seller is. I cannot stress enough tho, you have to be ready to buy when one pops up. They go fast.

Yeah, I got all that for $325 shipped