My 29 gallon 3 days in

Chrispar

Off to a good start.

One suggestion. You might want to move the rock away from the sides of the tank a bit more (on the left/right). Just make sure you have enough room to get an algae pad/your hand in the space to clean. It is easier to muck with the rockwork now. I didn't do this in my 24g tank, and always had this section of algae I could never get.

thanks for the input, was nice to get some sorta feedback after almost 30 viewers lol.

are my levels ok at this point in the life of the tank?

Im dosing with TLC for saltwater as per Shane(fishybusiness) suggestion. (bottle was thrown in with purchase)

It is possible. You are basically adding in bacteria, which normally take the month to grow without the TLC stuff (I am assuming that what it is).

I would take it slow though after all your readings go to zero. Every time you add livestock to your tank, the beneficial bacteria will have to re-adjust to cope with the new bio-load of the tank.

It took me about 10-12 days to get through my amm and trite spike, then the trate and phos set in. I remember watching in 15 min increments the diatoms blooming across my new clean rock. It was stressful, but when that happened my amm/trite had gone to 0. I got some good local live rock from vendors here, I did not order it, so my die off was very little but it still went through the full cycle.

I've never used the test strips. I thought about getting them for PH just to see how close they matched up with my liquid test, but I never bought them.

I agree totally with moving the rock off the side walls. I'd even suggest that if you're going to use a mag float cleaner go ahead and buy one now just to make sure you have the correct amount of space between the rocks and walls because once those diatoms set in they take over quickly then the algae starts and you don't want to have to mess with the rock then if you can keep from it.

Something else, I had a problem with my nitrates not dropping so I added more live rock and now the trates are between .5 and 0 each test. I started with about 25 lbs, then put in another 20 lbs and it seems to be good balance so far.