Who builds wood stands/hoods?

PeeperKeeper

I need a new stand and hood for my 75G. I want to have two metal halide "pendants" mounted so they stick up a little through the lid (to allow more ventilation) and two 48" T5 bulbs along the front and back, otherwise I think what I want is pretty standard. I had someone who was going to make them for me, but he's been swamped with work and hasn't been able to get to it. Meanwhile what was originally something I wasn't in a big hurry for in June has become more urgent for me because I need to do some work on the plumbing, but I don't want to do it until I get the new stand.

PM me if you do wood working and want a new project, but only if you think you can get it done in the next week or maybe two tops.

Thanks,

Sundra

You can try this guy - I spoke with him back when I was looking for a custom tank. Very friendly and helpful, and the pictures I saw of his work were beautiful. He does not work with bow fronts.

Andy Seevers

Owner/KNA Aquatics

(512) 665-8163

[email protected]

knaaquatics.intuitwebsites.com

Looks like Dave is going to be able to get it done after all. He's going to deliver it today! Woo Hoo! He's even doing the staining for me which I was originally going to do myself to save a little money.

Thanks Dave for working to make it right, and I do understand about work getting in the way. My husband has suddenly been working longer hours and being on lots of conference calls at night lately too. You gotta do what you gotta do, especially in these times. I'm glad you were able to finish it though. I wasn't looking forward to starting over and I always knew you'd do a great job if you were able to find the time. This thread is the perfect example. Every time I've asked in the community who does this, your name comes up, usually first.

I can't wait to see it!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I hadn't posted here since I got the new stand. It looks great! I put a few more coats of poly on it before we moved the tank, and while I was working on that, my hubby examined the stand and said Dave did a really good job building it. That's high praise because he's pretty picky. He noticed how the screws were countersunk and the joints were well done.

We moved the tank to the new stand on Labor Day weekend. Big job, but I"m so happy with the way it looks and with how much more room there is underneath the tank now. I just moved all the water, rock and corals to big ice chests while we moved the tank, but it all looks so much better now that it's all back in place because I shook off a lot of detritus when I moved it and also replaced the sand in the bottom. Actually, there wasn't even that much sand, it was mostly gunk. I need more Nasserius snails and a sand sifter goby. But I'm happy to report that all the inhabitants, fish and inverts, survived! :yahoo: I should move the rocks around more often. All the fish were out and more visible for a couple of days while they re-established their territories. cool.gif

Now I can't wait to get the matching hood with the bright lights! My old black hood doesn't look so great with the nice oak stained stand.

Pictures...pictures!!! My husband does all of our stand making...DIY light making...sump making...refugium making...LOL. He's come in quite handy and reminds me why I have kept him around for so long.