(2) Koralia 4 for sale

Reybeast

I just bought these (2) Kroalia 4s from Don Duncan (beautiful tanks!) intending to use them as a replacement for (2) Koralia 1s that I have now. I didnt research these well enough, and

Koralia says these were not designed to be used with a wavemaker. The problem they have is when the Koralia starts up, the impeller literally tries to jump out of the socket they are in, and it makes a rattling noise until the impeller is fully running. These pumps really do make great flow in my 90G, but I dont want to mess with having to slip airline on the shaft to keep the impellers from jumping at startup. I've cleaned these 2 up and they run great when they are on. I'll take what I paid for them, 30 bucks cash each (firm). I'm in Gtown, but I work in RR at dell, so I can meet anyone in this area at my building, or in Gtown. I live up by the highschool.

post-746-12506145457065_thumb.jpg

The jumping he's talking about is when the pumps are used with a wavemaker. The wavemaker constantly turns the pumps on and off. Each time the pump starts again the impeller spins up and rattles inside the housing. This is normally fine if you turn the pump on and leave it on, but when i happens 30 times an hour it gets really annoying.

pretty much like any pump, the impeller is riding on a shaft (down the center) and sits in a "well" or socket and when the K4 turns on, the impeller literally lifts up about a 1/2 inch as it spins, then falls back down into the socket, and it does this a few times until it has come up to full speed, then it sits all the way down in the socket and runs normally. This is normal behavior and many sites talk about sliding a piece of airhose on the shaft to prevent this, but I really dont want to mess with that. This manual for the Koralias will show the exploded view better than I am describing it.

k4.pdf

I went ahead and left both of these powered up and running just to create flow, and they are working very well. If anyone sees this (misspelled) posting and you would like to have these, let me know. Until then, they'll be running in my tank cool.gif