free aquarium on craigslist

Anfernee

You know the aquarium is actually about the cheapest part of a full setup right? Especially with that size. Add Calc Reactor/Kalk setup, skimmer, RO/DI (or just buying water), Salt, Live Rock +Sand, Sump, pumps ect ect and the kit is easily much more expensive than the glass by itself. All of this doesn't mention the livestock to fill that honking huge aquarium with. For the 90G I'm putting together right now I have ~1200 budgeted as a startup to get me to the place where I can put livestock in the tank and I am going to have to bargian hunt and DIY it the whole way through.

Why not go for a 55g or something? Much more reasonably priced for all the setup and there are like 3 of them on craigslist right now for a pretty good price.

You know the aquarium is actually about the cheapest part of a full setup right? Especially with that size. Add Calc Reactor/Kalk setup, skimmer, RO/DI (or just buying water), Salt, Live Rock +Sand, Sump, pumps ect ect and the kit is easily much more expensive than the glass by itself. All of this doesn't mention the livestock to fill that honking huge aquarium with. For the 90G I'm putting together right now I have ~1200 budgeted as a startup to get me to the place where I can put livestock in the tank and I am going to have to bargian hunt and DIY it the whole way through.

Why not go for a 55g or something? Much more reasonably priced for all the setup and there are like 3 of them on craigslist right now for a pretty good price.

Yup...if you can't afford the aquarium, you can't afford the rest... :(