free rock cleaning :)

KaceyJ

I have 3 emerald crabs who are not looking so much like an emerald anymore. They are starting to look like they need food. I also have a lawnmower who does not have a fat tummy anymore. the coral banded shrimp, peppermint shrimp and emerald crab could do some scavenging too. My rocks are totaly devoid now of anything they will eat, so i need your help. If you have some rock that are in need of a good cleaning( green hair algae, macro overgrown, bristle worms, etc) i could either trade for them, or return them when they are clean.

I could actually use a algea covered rock too. My blenny is hungry and does not like to munch on nori. He will but you can tell he doesn't like it compared to some nice slime or hair algae. I'm setting up a algae tank soon but could use something in the meantime.

I have a rock with some zoas on it that has way too much algae on it. For some reason, the algae eaters in my tank have not mowed this one. I don't want an emerald crab in my tank because I'm afraid it would eventually attack my shrimp/goby pair. I'd be happy if someone would borrow it to feed a critter or two.

ej

I have a rock with some zoas on it that has way too much algae on it. For some reason, the algae eaters in my tank have not mowed this one. I don't want an emerald crab in my tank because I'm afraid it would eventually attack my shrimp/goby pair. I'd be happy if someone would borrow it to feed a critter or two.

ej

we can work out a time to meet, i do not get off tonight untill 10pm

is there anyway to grow algae ?

I ran across this in a book i was pawing through a while back and just have been looking for a cheap beaten up 20g to test it with. Evidently you just mix some salt water and put some live rocks into the tank, preferably one with the algea you want grown. Add a small bubbler and no filtration and throw in a pinch of flake food or some chunks of fish once a week to add nutrients. Put it in a windowsill that gets a bunch of sunlight (outside would work too) and just swap your rocks in and out as they get cleaned. I guess you'd have to do the occasional water change to add trace minerals if production slowed down but i haven't set up the experiment yet.