free cheato just cleaned out the fuge

Cool Breeze

HI Zen Reefer,

I would love to have your extra cheato. I have zenias to offer you, or a grateful hobbiest (me). I live south. How can we hook up? Thanks, Ann

Hi,

Thanks for being willing to share, but I won't be drving up your way. Georgetown is too far for me to drive, and I am leaving for a trip on Thurs. Next time! Ann

ps could not send this as a personal message. My apologies to other readers.

reason i asked cause i have a 2 chamber sump so i dont really have a dedicated fuge, but id love to take some cheato and throw it in if u dont mind...

so like onc ea week i can rip off a piece and throw it into my tank for my tangs?

lils- keep it in your fuge with all your macroalgea. pods are small critters that provide a natural food source for a lot of fish.

Bill- thanks. you know where i live come and get it. What time do you want to come by.

Kyle

I still work out of the house so I can probably work around whatever time is good for you. I have to go to Westlake fairly early in the a.m. but will be back by 10 or so. If your number is still 431-.... how about if I just call on the way back to come right after, and if you're busy then get a more up to date time?

Bill

Thats pretty much what it's all about... it's a ball of algae that small invertebrates live and reproduce in. A lot of fish love to eat the pods (copepods, amphipods.. I don't recal the other sorts of pods), and some herbivorous fish like the algae itself. It can grow pretty quickly given enough light and nutrients (make sure you have a light in your sump/fuge.. doesn't have to be anything fancy, a compact fluorescent bulb in a clip-on fixture from walmart will do), but the beauty is as it grows you can either feed it to your fish, or share it with other members.. there is almost always a demand. Also, with it in your sump you don't have to worry about it taking over your display tank.

Can't help you with the tangs, (they wouldn't do well in my 12g, so I've no experience with them) but as far as the pods some will make it to your display tank through your return pump, if you want more you can shake them out of the ball of chaeto into the tank to give your fish a treat.

Can't help you with the tangs, (they wouldn't do well in my 12g, so I've no experience with them) but as far as the pods some will make it to your display tank through your return pump, if you want more you can shake them out of the ball of chaeto into the tank to give your fish a treat.

i was thinkni it wouldnt make it via return pump cause my pump for the sump is in that same area :blink: