Tuning a Tunze Nano Wavebox?

Austinvines

My bday/father's day presents were a few gift certificates and the "go-ahead" from my lovely spouse on the nano wavebox from Tunze. It is on and functioning but it isn't pushing out the wave quite like I'd like and I wanted anyone's input on their experience.

I have a 75g RR tank (48 x 18 x 22(?)). I wanted to put it in the back right corner but have some rock positioned there. It is now on the far left side of the tank, just next to the overflow. I cannot quite get the wave set right and have fiddled with the delay from none to "all the way" with not great results. Any ideas on the best way of tuning this?

The adjustment is literally a hair width adjustment at a time...LITERALLY. Turn the thumb screw a hair and wait a minute to see if the frequency of the tank matches the setting and creates a wave. If not, turn it another hair and wait a minute...etc.

The worst thing with the Tunze setup is it does not have a digital control with numbers from 1-999 for example. The stupid little thumb screw adjustment can easily be bumped then it's a lot of hunting again for the right "dial-in". At least with digital you could write down your setting, say, 734, and just reset it again.

Write to them Dave. Your idea is a good one and maybe they can change the format with very little work. Think of the credit you'd get. It never hurts to send a quick EMail. I once designed a blade for a hockey stick and sent off drawings. About 6 weeks late I found 4 dozen of them with name laid under the resin propped up against the door of my house. Koho not only used my idea, but Eric Lindros used the blade as I designed it to play for the Penguins. The next year I kept receiving game used sticks and jerseys from players that used the blade I designed. SO give it a try.

Mike,

Thanks, that's a great story! I'm sending off a letter now. I have about 20 ideas that I'd like to patent, everything from underwear to sports equipment. I'm going to have to get some of these rolling so I don't have to work so hard for the rest of my life!

Best Regards,

Dave